Whatever the venue, the way you tell your story and engage with your audience can make all the difference. Our meetings and events are designed to be informative, engaging and valuable for our partners.
Auto-Tech Detroit: June 8th
Our Technical Director Katie Kutskill will be speaking at the AutoTech: Detroit Event in June.
AutoTech: Detroit brings together the full automotive tech industry to immerse attendees in the future of automotive, by showcasing the newest tech and the latest vehicles. We gather the automotive and technology communities like no other event.
AutoTech: Detroit is created by the industry, for the industry. Research is conducted at scale across the entire AutoTech ecosystem, made unique with the TU and Wards expert touch.
Our show is a celebration of developments and achievements within the automotive tech industry. During the event we will be hosting the Informa Tech Automotive Awards the Wards 10 Best Interiors & UX Awards, award-winning vehicle displays & tours, and Automotive Inspire Interviews.
American Leather Chemists Association: 21 June 24, 2022.
Our Technical Director, Katie Kutskill, will be presenting at the American Leather Chemists Association meeting in June.
The ALCA meets annually and aims to:
- Promote the advancement of the knowledge of science and engineering especially in regard to their application to problems facing the leather and leather products industries; encourage and promote the full use of science and engineering in their applications to the leather and leather product industries
- To publish the result of investigations and research dealing with the above objectives
- To maintain a set of official methods for the evaluation of leather, leather products, and materials used in their manufacture.
SLF Advisory Board Meeting 28th-29th of June 2022
Following 18 months of video conference meetings under COVID restrictions, the SLF Advisory Board will hold it’s first in-person meeting in June.
This 2 day meeting will bring together our voluntary Advisory Board members who each represent different areas of the leather value-chain. We will spend 2 days discussing our strategic direction and industry needs to agree the Foundations priorities for the coming year.
This is an internal, by-invitation meeting.
IULTCS Euro Congress Vicenza 2022: 18th-21st September 2022
The next Leather Generation
The topics to be discussed are:
- New developments in chemicals for the Leather tanning industry
- Innovative technologies for Leather manufacturing processes
- Chemicals and Leather test methods: new developments/approaches
- Focus on environmental aspects ( e.g. LCA, by-product, wastewater, emission)
Calendar of Events
Past Events events
Lineapelle: Tuesday 22nd - Thursday 24th February 2022
Lineapelle is one of the most important international exhibition dedicated to leather, accessories, components, synthetics and models for footwear, leather goods, garments and furniture.
Launched in 1981, it has become the most qualified international exhibition of leather and accessories, components, synthetics for footwear, leather goods, garments and furniture.
The event takes place twice a year, in February for the summer and September for the winter collections, at the Milan exhibition centre.
APLF Abu Dhabi: Wednesday 30th March – Friday 1st April 2022
After a gap of three years since its last edition in Hong Kong in 2019, the world’s leading and most international trade fair for the leather industry, APLF, is set to return as a Special Edition in Dubai, UAE, to be held at the Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC) from 30 March – 1 April 2022.
The Organisers estimate approximately 500 exhibiting companies occupying some 20,000 square meters of exhibition space with 15 national pavilions from Brazil, Egypt, France, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Pakistan, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, UK and USA.
SLF is delighted to be attending APLF in Dubai at the end of March, more details about this event are to follow!
Join us for these two workshops to learn about the Sustainable Leather Foundation and our fresh approach to supporting the leather industry.
During these workshops we will introduce you to:
- The SLF Transparency Dashboard™. This system is the culmination of many months of development and time spent to craft an inclusive and accessible tool that the whole leather value chain will benefit from.
- The SLF Audit Standard. Looking at all elements of sustainability – Environmental, Social and Governance
- Collaboration Hubs. A platform that is open to everyone to discuss areas of priority for collective action.
- Our future plans to widen our value to other stake-holders